The City of Pinson Public Works Department is now accepting applications for full-time and part-time positions.
Must be 18 years old, pass a background check, and a drug screening.
Job levels are based on prior experience.
Job Title: Office Assistant (Full-Time)
Classification: Full-time, At-will employee
Compensation: $14.00-$19.00 per hour
The Office Assistant (Full-Time) shall assist in general office functions of City Hall. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, answering telephone, handling walk-in window, filing, taking messages, relaying information to clerk/mayor/council, sorting mail, preparing outgoing mail, typing minutes, assisting with minute books, records, and assisting with other paperwork or city business, processing building permits.
The Office Assistant (Full-Time) will work a full-time schedule of 40 hours per week, as scheduled by the Mayor and/or City Clerk.
Note: This job description reflects the general duties and responsibilities of this position and is not interpreted as being all-inclusive. The employee may be assigned other duties that are not specifically included.
1. Prior experience in a professional setting is required.
2. Professional speaking voice and appearance is required. Ability to understand phone calls and verbal office communication and process in the appropriate manner is required.
3. Ability to lift and maneuver in a file room and ability to process parcels and mail is required.
4. Candidate must pass criminal background checks and drug screen.
5. Computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The Office Assistant (Full-Time) shall be an at-will employee of the City of Pinson. Said employment may be terminated at any time at the will of the City, and the City need not prove that any reason exists for the decision to terminate. The Office Assistant (Full-Time) shall adhere to all ordinances, resolutions, rules, and regulations of the City, including but not limited to those set forth in any Employee Handbook of the City.
Reports to: City Clerk
Formal application, verification of education and experience, oral interview, reference check, background check, and pre-employment drug screen.
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug screen and background check prior to appointment. Final appointment to this position is contingent upon a satisfactory drug and background result.
Employment Application and Resume may be submitted to email@example.com
Resumes may also be mailed to:
City of Pinson
Attn: City Clerk's Office
4410 Main Street
Pinson, AL 35126
The City of Pinson, Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the city will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Job Title: Parks and Recreation Splash Pad Attendant
Department/Division: Parks and Recreation Department
Salary Range: $10.00 per hour
Employment Status: Seasonal
The City of Pinson is looking to fill several Splash Pad Attendant positions. Must be 18 years old. Please submit applications to City Hall.